26.10.11

Eastside Pride


I've set up shop across the street from the JJ Bean roastery. I get a kick out of the image on the bag also being my address. Then I read the bag and realize we share the same mantra in our East Van pride, and I understand a little more clearly why I'm continually drawn here.

"JJ Bean's roastery is on Vancouver's Eastside. Our neighbours are artists, students, musicians and soccer fanatics - passionate people who love what they do. It's the kind of place that inspires us to focus on what we love, and to do it in our own style."

Funny, that's just what I was thinking...

Also relevant then is the upcoming Eastside Cuture Crawl which I was going to do an installation for in my studio but instead have decided to attend extensively Nov 18-20. The variety of mediums being worked in and the abundance of artist studios in my neighbourhood makes me so pleased I want to burst. It will be tricky to document without the taboo of photographing artwork, but I think an abstract video is in order. The Other Day On the Eastside will be posted here sometime in December.

No comments:

Post a Comment