26.3.09

Seaplane Training Video for Victoria Harbour


Last year we produced a training video for the floatplane pilots operating in and out of Victoria Harbour. This morning I awoke to our first review:


"On the subject of the video, last night was Kenmore’s recurrent training night and most of our pilots saw the video for the first time. The response was overwhelmingly positive. Arwen, I have seen that video numerous times now, but every time I look at it I continue to be impressed with how you managed to take a very dry subject and present it in such an entertaining and informative way. The finished product is just so much better than most of us ever thought it could be, and the credit for that goes to you and David and Mike and everyone else at Gamut who worked on it. It’s really a first class piece of work."


Dry subject? Are you kidding? We're talking about floatplanes here...

That project is right up there as one of my favorites. I'd post it for you here but I'm not sure Transport Canada would appreciate it. In a harbour with 2 ferry services, cruise ships, small harbour ferry boats crossing all day, kyackers, pleasure crafts, and hundreds of take-offs and landings daily, it is an impressive operation and just beautiful to watch and to edit.

No comments:

Post a Comment